Photonic Crystal NATO Conferences and PECS
The official conference of the photonic crystals field, called "Photonic and Electromagnetic Crystal Structures" (PECS), came into being as a result of three very successful NATO conferences, organized by C.M. Soukoulis and colleagues. The first conference was a NATO ARW entitled, "Localization and Propagation of Classical Waves in Random and Periodic Structures," Crete, Greece, May 26-30, 1992. The second conference was a NATO ASI entitled "Photonic Band Gap Materials," Elounda, Crete, Greece, June 19-30, 1995. Information can be found on the web site, www.public.iastate.edu/~cmpthy/ASI/photonics.html. Five years later, the third NATO ASI entitled, "Photonic Crystals and Light Localization," Limin Hersonissou, Crete, Greece, June 19-30, 2000. Information can be found on the web site, http://cmpweb.ameslab.gov/NATO_PCLL/.
Each conference was well attended, where world renown scientists met to present and discuss their research. The volumes that resulted from each conference on photonic crystals and light localization have become classics. The books are:
- Photonic Band Gaps and Localization, Plenum Publishers (1993).
- Photonic Band Gap Materials, Kluwer Publishers (1996).
- Photonic Crystals and Light Localization in the 21st Century, Kluwer Publishers (2001)
The information on previous symposiums can be found at:
- PECS-I (Laguna Beach, USA): http://www.pecsconference.org/PECSI/
- PECS-II (Sendai, Japan): http://www.pecsconference.org/PECSII/
- PECS-III ( St. Andrews, UK): http://www.pecsconference.org/PECSIII/
- PECS-IV ( Los Angeles, USA): http://www.pecsconference.org/PECSIV/
- PECS-V ( Kyoto, Japan): http://www.pecsconference.org/PECSV/
- PECS-VI (Crete, Greece): http://www.pecsconference.org/PECSVI/
- PECS-VII (Monterey, California, USA): http://www.pecsconference.org/PECSVII/
- PECS-VIII (Sydney, Australia): http://pecs8.mtci.com.au/PECS8.html
- PECS-IX (Granada, Spain): http://www.pecsconference.org/PECSIX/
- PECS-X (Santa Fe, New Mexico): https://pecs-x.org/conf/
We have an official site of the PECS Conference: http://www.pecsconference.org
Past Conference Posters